Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Optimism & Orange Marmalade

Delinquent me. It's been too long since my last post. I've spent more time in hotels and restaurants than in AK's Kitchen.

A new project has brought me back to television, to launch and host a new programme dedicated to people with different abilities. 

I just wrapped up taping season one. It gave me a unique opportunity to meet some incredible, inspiring, fascinating people.

One of my guests, Nancy, lives with cerebral palsy. Barely middle aged, she's already planning ahead  because her disease accelerates the aging process. Is she worried about what the future holds for her?

Not really. Instead of worrying about tomorrow, she relishes the now. Nancy's philosophy reminds me to cherish every able moment I am blessed with.

Fresh from my latest project, I am feeling energised and optimistic. When I mistakenly bought a bag of sour oranges, I knew there was something great, waiting to be made.


My Twitter buddies at  Foodies Prints and @AMWaters suggested marmalade.


I found an easy recipe here, by Elise Bauer. The fruit prep was time-consuming. I didn't use a food thermometer, but the end product turned out great.

When life gives you sour oranges, make marmalade.




No comments:

Post a Comment